By every passing day, traditional marketing is getting off the list. And who is taking its place? Content Marketing.
Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online.
In one word, Content Marketing means – Information.
So, is this all about blogs, write-ups, Facebook and Twitter content?
The answer is- No. Because majorly it’s about storytelling, and this has been around us from the beginning of time. We always long for great stories, don’t we?
I’ll give you some facts which show the growth of this marketing channel.
- 78% of people prefer getting to know a brand through articles, social media content rather than banners and ads.
- 81% of people first look online for a description of a specific product or service. And then only they consider buying it.
- Long before movies, came comic book series and storyboards. Most of the adaptations nowadays are from novels or comics. This shows that storytelling is always the main source of content generation.
- Website conversions are generally 6x higher for content marketing adopters rather than non-adopters.
- SEO helps in ranking your brand to the top, and without content, SEO stands nowhere.
Why is content marketing important for your business?
- Increases engagement in an online community of users
- Attract and generate more leads for sales closure
- Expanding your customer base
- Increases online sales through brand awareness
- Greater reach at a comparatively lower cost
Blogging is the base of Content Marketing
Blogs are basically high-quality information provided to the customers for free.
Once you start posting informative blog posts as a brand, you build trust and people return to you on a regular basis. This also converts the people into potential buyers.
- Helps in driving traffic to your website- Every time you write a new blog post, it gets indexed by Google. Which leads to more traffic for your brand.
- Get noticed on social media- Once you start posting quality blog posts, people will share it on their social media handles. This leads to more traffic and better SEO score.
- Generates more conversions- Add a CTA for lead generation to your blog posts that send them to landing pages of your products and services which you offer.
- Establishes authority- When you solve queries and answer common questions of your customers, they look up to you as an authoritative figure. This helps in building trust and making you an influencer.
Ways to Make Your Content Marketing to the Next Level
To take your marketing to reach new heights, you might want to know other beneficial points.
1. There is more to just blogging
Blogging is just one of the many parts of content marketing.
If you’re just relying on your blog posts, you are missing out on all the other great components. Your blog is the central mechanism of your marketing purpose. But it does not ensure its reach to all the targeted audiences.
2. Build thought leadership
Through guest blogging, you attract new traffic back to your blog. People appreciate influencing posts and look forward to it.
Contribute to different leading blogs and generate high-quality backlinks and traffic to your own blog.
3. Set goals for your aligned content
Now that you have created great content you need to make sure that your efforts are paying off. There are a lot of metrics available to track your content performance online.
Align your goals and content that matches your marketing strategy.
4. Social Media and Email Drip Campaigns for nurturing leads
Once you’ve got your leads through CTAs, it is time to nurture them through drip campaigns and social media.
Regular engagement should be a top priority for sales closure at this point.
Content Marketing has become a part of the most important strategies for any marketing process.
With the right content, marketers can generate website traffic, create leads and have sales closure with great exposure.